- Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we’ll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, the Site follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We at Tookan are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you share with us. For purpose of this Policy, Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit the Site’s web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself. If however, Personal Information is reveled to us, we won’t sell or give away any content of your Personal Information to anyone, and use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE ITWhen you visit or use our service, we collect and store information about you, your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- your computer’s IP address; technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system);
- your mobile device’s unique ID number (when available), your mobile device’s geographic location (specific geographic location if you’ve enabled collection of that information, or general geographic location automatically);
- your provided full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date;
- how long you visited our service and which features you used;
- you agree to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection regulations. Further, you agree to not use our service to send us sensitive information where unauthorized disclosure could cause material, severe, or catastrophic harm or impact to Tookan, any data subjects or relying parties. Sensitive Information includes, passwords, authentication/authorization credentials, information under strict regulatory or contractual handling requirements (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, and state and federal data security laws) such as, credit card information, credit card numbers, CIV numbers (three digit codes for Visa and MasterCard, four digit code for American Express) and magnetic stripe information, social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, government issued identification numbers, financial account information, health data, biometric data, personally identifiable information knowingly collected from children under the age of 13 or from online services directed toward children, real time geolocation data which can identify an individual, business secrets deemed highly confidential (e.g., highly-confidential business strategies and communications, sensitive attorney-client privileged and confidential communications). We collect, store, and use your user data on our servers to provide you with the ability to better maintain and improve your services. We may also use data in an aggregated form for our own purposes. Our services transfer data to servers that store user data in the United States of America (“USA”) and outside USA.
Additionally, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user’s account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
We use the information to improve the Service’s functionality, quality and also personalize your experience. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support, message you, and comply with legal obligations.
Please note that some of this information is automatically collected without you voluntarily choosing to provide this information to us.
NOTICEWe will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you create a registration or login ID on the Site or when you connect or browse connected sites, linked or listed on our Website, or join a limited-access premium site. We use your Personal Information for four primary purposes:
- to make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once;
- to help you quickly find services or information that you are looking for;
- to help us create content most relevant to you;
- to alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services available on our Site.
THIRD PARTY SERVICESOur services are designed to allow you to assign tasks to field workers, communicate with your field workers and customers (“Users”), and view information pertaining to your field workers’ activity. Tookan does this in part using GPS and other sensors on devices running Tookan applications. Some information is automatically collected from or about your Users and field workers when you use our services and may include, for example, geographic coordinates, phone numbers, names, and addresses.
CONSENTIf you choose not to register or provide Personal Information, you can still use most of the Website. But you will not be able to access areas that require registration. If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like our electronic newsletters. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding the Site’s programs, events, or Services by email, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive messages from us.
ACCESSWe will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time at the login section. There, you can:
- view and edit personal information you have already given us;
- tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information, or whether you want third parties to send you their offers by postal mail;
- sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products; and
- Register. Once you register, you won’t need to do it again. Wherever you go on the Site, your information stays with you.
NOTICE TO PARENTSWe want to help you guard your children’s privacy. We encourage you to talk to your children (below 13 years) about safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using our Site. The Site does not publish content that is harmful, derogatory or pornographic in nature. However, the Website shall not incur any liability should your children provide us any Personal Information without parental consent. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
REGISTRATIONWhen you login to the Site’s secure pages, we may ask you to register yourself electronically. When you do, we merge your registration information with any information you’ve already left with us (we call that information your personal profile). If you haven’t previously registered with us, we create a personal profile for you from your registration information. If you ever want to review or update that information, you can visit the Site, click on update profile, and edit any of the Personal Information in your profile.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION YOU SHAREWhen you join us, you provide us with your contact information, including your name and email address. We use this information to send you updates about our services, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer.We will disclose your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:(a) confirm to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Site;(b) protect and defend the rights or property of Tookan; and(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Tookan or the public.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURETookan does not rent or sell Personal Information about you with other people (save with your consent) or non-affiliated companies, except to provide services you’ve requested, under the following circumstances:
- We respond to court orders, legal proceedings or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may need to contact you to comply or co-operate with a legal request. For this purpose, we will use the email address provided to us by you. All communications sent by us at such email address shall be deemed to have been communicated to you.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITYWe limit access to Personal Information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in the United States of America (USA) and elsewhere we provide our services to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with applicable technology laws to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy. Additionally, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
388 Market Street,
Suite 1300, San Francisco,
CA 94111, USA.